Current Release Information:
Main Unit Version: 1.0.10
Remote Unit Version: 1.0.4
Release Date: March 25, 2013
- The LLDP/EDP/CDP discovered Port number is now displayed on the HOME screen
- LLDP negotiated PoE power is now displayed on the HOME screen Reporting improvements
- It is now possible to rename tests on the tester prior to uploading. (Previously it was only possible to change the default name while the test was being saved.)
- The user can now add their company logo to reports by downloading it from a USB stick to the tester.
- Image requirements: 768w x 512h max pixel size, PNG format.
- Copy logo file to USB drive, insert into tester and press SETUP | SYSTEM | OWNER | F1.
- The first section of each report is now a summary of all the tests performed.
- A graphical view of the wiremap test is now included in the reports.
- The setup details of each test are now included in the reports.
- The reports have been condensed to use fewer pages.
Job handling improvements
- The Job details entered in SETUP are now general purpose information fields that can be used to identify cable/panel/rack etc, rather than Company/Address/Phone etc.
- When creating a new Job, the details are now pre-filled from the last Job created, to avoid wasting time by entering all details each time.
- The maximum number of Jobs has been increased from 10 to 50. The overall number of results that can be saved is unchanged.
- Optical power reading has been changed from µW to dBm
- An error message has been added to indicate when a test cannot run when the expected Information Rate is greater than the Line Rate.
- In the Cable Test, A target Line Rate can now be selected (10Mb/s, 100Mb/s, 1000Mb/s, Any). If the actual Line rate does not match this setting, a warning is displayed and the test result is “Failed”.
- Display of short circuits in wiremap has been improved.
Upgrade Installation File
Download the following ZIP file and extract to a USB flash drive for installation onto your tester.
Download Remote Handset Update SigTEK2.zip
ZIP | 18,283 KB
- Save both unzipped firmware files (SignalTEK-II-md5.bin and SigTEK2.bin) to the root directory of a USB flash drive.
- Make sure the battery on the main and remote units are charged or AC power is available.
- Insert the USB flash drive that contains the firmware update files into the main unit.
- Press SETUP | SYSTEM | UPDATE | F1. The main unit will update itself.
- Insert the USB flash drive that contains the firmware update files into the remote unit.
- With the power OFF, press and HOLD AutoTest while turning the power ON. The LEDs will cycle from top to bottom. Release the AutoTest button.
- The LEDs cycle as the unit updates and it will reboot when complete.