This software only works in conjunction with the IDEAL Multimeter models 61-497 & 61-498
Minimum System Requirements
For the most reliable performance, your PC should meet the following requirements:
- IBM or Compatible PC.
- Pentium II 500 MHz min for Windows® 98 / Me, Pentium III 500 MHz min for Windows® 2000 / XP, Pentium IV 2 GHz minimum for Windows® Vista.
- 64 MB RAM min for Windows® 98 / Me, 256 RAM min for Windows® 2000 / XP, 1 GB RAM min for Windows® Vista.
- 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 high color (16 bit) Monitor.
- Microsoft Windows® 98 / Me / 2000 / XP / Vista.
- 100 MB free hard disk space minimum.
Instructions for downloading IDEAL 490 ProVision II Software
Click below and a .ZIP containing IDEAL 490 ProVision II software and USB Driver will be downloaded to your PC.
Installing the IDEAL 490 ProVision II
- Close all active programs on the computer, including the anti-virus program.
- Extract the ZIP file contents to a temporary location
- Run "Setup.exe" located in the "ProVision II" folder
- Please follow the steps of the installation wizard to install the program.
Uninstalling the IDEAL 490 ProVision II
- Run the Uninstall 490 ProVision II from the IDEAL 490 ProVision II Program Group
- Or, use the “Add/Remove” Program in the Windows® Control Panel
Setting up the Digital Multimeter
- After installing the 490 ProVision II software, install the USB Driver by running the "Setup.exe" located in the "USB Driver" folder
- Plug the USB cable connector into USB socket. Windows® should detect this
- USB device automatically and assign a COM port number to this USB device.
- Plug the other end of the optical cable into the socket at the top of the meter.
- Set the dial on the meter to the function in which data is to be acquired.
ProVision™ II application software was created using LabVIEW from National Instruments Corporation. LabVIEW® executable. LabVIEW Copyright© 1996 National Instruments Corporation. All Rights Reserved. United States Patent Nos. 4,901,221; 4,914,568; 5,291,587; 5,301,366; and 5,475,951. Other patent pending. SmartHeap memory manager Copyright© 1991-1994 Arthur D. Applegate All Rights Reserved. Products and Company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.